This tasty treat can be made in no time and with no cooking necessary. I have used this recipe to make almond butter as well as peanut butter balls. Delicious, keep them cool until ready to eat so they don’t get messy, especially if you’re in hot weather.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking, old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter or almond butter ( I use fresh ground organic)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons honey (organic when possible)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Scoop tablespoon size amounts of mixture and roll in your hand. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Store in an airtight container between parchment or wax paper.