There’s nothing like my Mothers recipes to keep me healthy.
I’ve been feeling a little under the weather so she made up a batch of her miracle veggies that not only scare away my cold, they make up awesome meals in a snap that your family will rave about. The main ingredient is fennel which is a natural anti-biotic and also known as the worlds healthiest food. The first night she will grill vegetables with whole pieces of fennel. (Potatoes, carrots, onion, and a touch of cayenne pepper.) Then on night two, she takes the remained of the vegetables from the night before and creates a savory dish. (See below) And cold be gone- I’m as good as new!!
– Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat
– Add tablespoon olive oil and saute minced garlic until brown
– Add kale, cook until tender
– Add grape tomatoes, and vegetables already grilled (from day before)
– Add a 1 can of drained manderin oranges (optional but this makes the sweetness of the veggies really pop)
– Put in oven on 400 for about 1 hr 30 minutes or until brown. Keep checking because time will depend on your oven and pan.
Serve as a bed under slices of grilled chicken breast. Enjoy!
Comments from Readers: